Friday, February 3, 2012

What you see is what you get

I am who I am.  


I am a child of God.  I am loved by Him; cherished by Him.  I was created in the image of God.  I was born and again and washed clean.  I am a new creation.  I was bought with a price more costly than anything I can imagine.  I am a living, breathing instrument being used to further His Kingdom.


I am me.

This journey is not all about weight loss.  Just as my blog title eludes, I am embarking on a journey that will encompass all aspects of my life.  My goal is to be honest and open with things as I encounter them.  My goal is to share me with you.

There are thoughts constantly running thru my head the last few days.  I have wanted to get them on paper, but that hasn't worked.  Every time I try to sit and write, it's like my fingers don't know where to start typing.  I have written 2 partial blog posts that are still in Draft form but I am determine to get at least one of them posted.  Therefore, I'm going to try to get some thoughts on paper, so bare with me.

This week, I have spent lots of time in prayer.  I have also spent time fending off attacks from Satan.  You see, as I said earlier, this is more than just a weight-loss journey.  This is a journey of freedom from food addiction, freedom from bondage that food has been in my life and freedom from the chains that all that entails.  As I am trying to get free, Satan wants me to stay in my bondage; he likes me there.  But God has bigger things planned for my life and God is bigger than any bondage that controls me.  The hard part for me is trusting and believing that it can be overcome.  In tough situations, it's easy for me to put my trust in God.  It's easy for me to lean on Him when there's nowhere else to go.  But when an addiction has taken over your entire life, leaning on Him becomes harder and harder because it doesn't ever seem like it will get better.  I've probably said no less than 500 times that I was going to lose weight and eat healthy, only to purposely sabotage myself in order to prove that I couldn't be successful so I didn't disappoint myself.  This time I'm not saying that.  This time I'm saying that I'm going to allow God to work in me and thru me to make me a new creation.

One week ago, I had no idea what was about to unfold, but so far it's been amazing to see how timing and circumstances couldn't have been any better.

Thank you God for loving me enough not to give up on me and giving me another chance out.


Romans 8:11

English Standard Version (ESV)
11 If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus[a] from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment