Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

I'll share a few thoughts that I've kept in my notes app on my phone until I had time to write. 



  • Luke 15:11-29 - The Parable of the Prodigal Son.  I am so lucky to have a Heavenly Father who has treated me as a 'prodigal son' as I've finally come full circle in my obedience in the area of my weight.  I was lost for many, many years.  Yet when I was ready to 'come home', He welcomed me with open arms,  threw a party and invited all His friends.  How blessed am I that I have a loving husband who would also treat me the same.  I've let Kurt down so many times by saying that I was ready to 'get serious' only to turn around and sabotage myself shortly afterwards.  I'm so blessed!!  

  • Kurt and I have a very different journey to weight-loss, but we can still very much take it together.  Kurt is about 50 pounds away from his goal where I am about 125 pounds away from my goal.  He's excited about getting in to goal weight clothes and running a 5K or more.  I'm excited about being able to walk up the stairs without huffing and puffing so bad that I can't talk.  Our journey's are different, but I know that Kurt is going to be there to support me all the way thru my journey even when he's at goal.

  • It stinks.  It stinks that I never really fully accepted that I was a size 26.  I was squeezing into most of my 24s.  In fact, I only owned two pair of 26 pants.  So I know I've lost a good amount of weight, but I'm ready to shed these clothes!  I want to wear something new or at least something from the 'other' side of my closet.  It's great that my clothes actually fit now, but they're still the same clothes.  I don't think it'll be long until I'm in a 22, but until then I'm stuck with the same clothes.  (Just a little vent!  I said it would get real in here!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment