Monday, June 18, 2012

Long Time Coming...An Update

Okay, so I've been avoiding blogging.  I kept wanting to write but the task of catching everybody up on my progress seemed so daunting.  Today...the procrastination ends!


Seasons:  Anybody who's is 'friends' with me on Facebook, knows that I have been continuing my journey and not just given up because I haven't posted.  I have, however, been going thru different seasons.  Right after my last post, my life got drastically busier with the start of 'testing season' at school.  Since my job as Data Analyst/Test Coordinator is to organize and plan testing for all state mandated tests on campus, my job gets harder in the spring.  I was not expecting it to be quite as busy as it was, but I'm out on the other side and can tell you, I SURVIVED!!!  I will call this my season of BALANCE.  I was able to maintain my weight-loss to date (within 4 pounds up or down) and I was successfully able to not let stress effect the way I ate (most of the time).  I also had a season of DOUBT, but I'll get to that later.


90 Day Challenge:  The 90 Day Challenge that Northwood Church hosted was from March-May.  Laurie Graves did an amazing job with Spirit-Filled teaching on what the Bible says about our bodies and weight loss, as well as giving us practical tips and allowing us to have a safe place for accountability.  During the 90 Day Challenge there were some amazing life changes in people who attended.  It wasn't just about weight-loss.  Without getting your mind right, the weight-loss will be in vain.  I can happily say that even though I maintained my weight for the most part, that I worked diligently to lose my FEAR OR FAILURE that has haunted me for a long time in this journey.  I had let my fear of failure convince me to purposely sabotage my weight-loss efforts so that I had a 'reason' why I didn't lose, just in case I didn't lose.  It was a cycle of me not trusting God and believing that He would take care of me.


From February-May
Challenges:  I have struggled a little bit since summer has started.  When you have a 'spiritual high' like the 90 Day Challenge and know that you've let go of things (like my fear of failure) it's easy to live almost care-free thinking you are on top of the world!  So after the 90 Day Challenge ended, I forgot to cling to God to continue to help me and some of my old thoughts crept back in.  Thankfully I didn't gain weight back, but my mind wasn't right.  Probably, the only reason I didn't gain was that there wasn't any 'bad' food in the house...thankfully!!  It was just yesterday that I realized what I was doing, subconsciously.  I had let go of this fear of failure, but I had inadvertently thought that I could then stop clinging to God to help me...SILLY ME!!!  So, I will call this my season of DOUBT.  I am thankful for Kurt who gently pointed out to me that I had not been doing things the same as before.  


Weight Review:
335 - Early 2011
325 - January 2012
317 - February 2012
297 - March 2012
284 - CURRENTLY


That's all for now.  I will try my best to keep this updated more frequently now!  I have a goal...12 pounds by June 30th.  If I meet me goal, I get a MASSAGE!!!  I've lost 6 pounds, 6 more to go!!!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you! You are an inspiration!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete