Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Evil Sodium Monster!

This weekend we went to Waco to see Kurt's family. We knew we would not be eating at home so I prepared my mind for making good decisions and remembering that I'm not in bondage to food. The morning started out with a failed trip to Subway because they don't open until 8! We went to IHop instead and I got a 330 calorie omelet with fruit bowl. Not bad. Lunch was ready at Kurt's mom's just 2 1/2 hrs later!! So I put only a few things on my plate and ate an early lunch and did not go back to eat more even though it was yummy! Dinner came early because by 4:30 I had already reached the hungry, grouchy stage. We went to fazolis and I got a 400 calorie ravioli. Not too bad for a day of out to eat. I thought about all my choices and purposely chose to not go for seconds and snack.
On Sunday some friends from Waco came to visit us!! It was great fun and I ate great at home...until dinner. We ended the day with the Howard's at Cabela's and went our separate ways. It was 6 and we were hungry and needed groceries so we went to Noodles and had Phó. As much as I love Phó and it's fresh ingredients, I know it has tons of sodium!
I woke up Monday morning having gained 6 pounds! At first I was so mad because I worked so hard to make good choices this weekend!! Then I realized, it was probably mostly water weight and getting upset isn't going to help anything. In fact, by midday I was already down 2 pounds as I drowned myself in water all day! I woke up Tuesday and was down another 2. Now I don't know if I'll make my goal of 278 (I was 284 this morning) by Saturday a.m. and get my massage but I'm sure going to work hard the rest of the week and know that my best reward will be being proud of myself for not giving up even if it looks hopeless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment