Sunday, March 4, 2012

Blessings, Surprises and an Update

You know, when I started this journey I knew I was supposed to do this, however, I had NO idea that impact that would be had on those around me.  I also had no idea how blessing would be turned right around on me.  Let me share a few things with you.

Yesterday while heading to Kroger Marketplace to get groceries for our week, I realized I needed gas.  I pulled up to the Kroger gas station and politely (or not so politely) handed Kurt my Kroger Plus Card so he could get gas.  He was in the middle of writing a message on his phone so I hop out to pump gas (but admitingly not happy with it).  Anyway, I get out and start pumping and a gentleman approaches me.  He asks if I go to Northwood Church.  I say yes and he proceeds to tell me how he thinks I'm such an inspiration and he admires my bravery.  WOW, what a surprise!  A complete stranger approaching me about getting up on stage and sharing my weight-loss with everyone.  I knew people I know are supporting me but it's really cool to think that complete strangers are rooting for me too!  After I got back in the car I realized why I was supposed to be the one pumping gas last night!

We've received many blessing this past week as well.  I want to share them with you so you can rejoice in what God is doing in our lives.

  • Somebody has purchased me the knee brace that I needed!
  • We received a gift card to Sprouts!
  • We received spending cash for Kurt's trip to Vietnam and a small stash for me!
  • We received money to purchase Kurt a new professional wardrobe!
God is so good!!  Kurt's work clothes no longer looked professional because they were all baggy.  Our grocery budget has slightly expanded and I really needed a knee brace to maximize my workouts!  

Also a weight-loss update.  I lost 3 pounds this week!!  This week has literally been the busiest all school year for me as Test Coordinator and Data Analyst and I'm thrilled to have lost 3 pounds.  I was only able to make it to two of our three workouts and I only went to the gym one morning.  Next week will look very similar to this past week.  I'm so ready for Spring Break....5 more days!!!!!!

1 comment: